sábado, 17 de janeiro de 2009

Creatures of habits

Humans are creatures of habits. We tend to do the same things over and over again, even not knowing it. This, my friends, is the source of a lot of our problems. For instance, when your ex asks you to get back together, even though she/he broke up with you and, while you were together, she/he brought you nothing but pain and misery...why do you go back to her/him? Simple. Because you're an idiot...oh, I mean...because you are in your comfort zone. Dunno what this is? Allow me to explain. The comfort zone is that state of mind in which you feel at ease, where you pretty much have control over everything. So, using the example...why is it going back to your ex (pain) your comfort zone? It's because you've been through it before, long enough to know just what to expect and you pretty much know hows things will go down. So, you'd rather make the same MISTAKE again and be miserable only because you've been there, done that before. Now, that is only one of many examples, but the mechanism is always the same. It feels like the human mind has one little program that makes people go all "oh I want to change! I know that if I tried, I'd have what I want! But what if I try and fail? Oh...I won't try, I'd better do the same thing over and over again, at least I know what to expect..." That, people, is what I call Fail 6.0 (catchy name for a deadly "program", eh?). One of Fail 6.0 subprograms is...yeah, you guessed it...the comfort zone. Now that you're familiar with these concepts and aware of what they do, I can pass on a little message. CHANGES are awesome! Starting something new, experiencing the journey, the discovery, fiercelessly, not knowing what lies beyond...(if you don't understand why I was talking about journeys, just assume I said experience new things, by acknowledging the existence Fail 6.0 and shutting it down) To sum it up, get off your comfort zone, learn from your mistakes and change what you need to!

Later

PS: on your way out, check our souvenir store...Oh wait...we don't have one?...Damn...

1 comentário:

  1. Isso é vdd, somos seres de habitos, dados ao comodismo... preferimos não lutar e nao procurar algo melhor.. pq simplesmente da muito trabalho....

    ResponderEliminar